The Department was set up in 2010 and since then it has set reasonably high standards for itself.The teaching programme of the Department is based on a comprehensive social science approach that integrates and interrogates sociological, economic, philosophical and cultural dimensions. It encourages a comprehensive study of the field of politics, keeping especially the Indian reality in focus. Successive Teaching Faculties along with other faculties have contributed to the growth of the Department. The Department has created conducive atmosphere for encouraging research and a developing innovative teaching methods. The Department has established a Political Science Forums. The Political Science Forums organized National Seminar and several special lectures by eminent personalities on contemporary political developments. The Department is extremely rich in academic potential, comprising a faculty known widely for their research and teaching abilities.
Political Science will continue to play a major role in the field of higher education, by seeding new ideas and creating knowledge, and by imparting high level of training with values and social commitment.
- Promote Quality and Excellence in Teaching Learning and Research.
- Contribute towards building a socially sensitive, humane, inclusive society.
- Cultivate critical thinking that can spark creativity and innovation.
- To promote leadership qualities among student
- To produce socially sensitive citizens
- To contribute nation building
- To hasten the process of creating a knowledge society.
|Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|Dr. I.B. Cirappa||M.Com., M.B.A., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor &
|Number of Guest Faculty : 4|