Industry Institute partnership cell (IIPC) is required for enhancing the relationship between the Institution and Industry. The purpose of this cell is to identify the trends and expectations and prepare students for meeting the latest requirements by facilitating internships in leading architectural firms, Organize Seminars, Workshops, Expert Talks and other Training programmes by experts and practicing architects.
IIPC at Davangere University will create an effective contribution to our vision and effectively avoid criticisms of the shortcomings. IIPC at Davangere University effectively equips our faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing trends and designs.
Our students will be benefited due to the exposure to current industry practices’, faculty members get sensitized to the latest practices leading them to blend real-time exposure with usual theoretical teaching methods.
Davangere University will gain in brand name and reputation through bigger percentage of placement of students, and being a useful partner of Industry through mutual consultancy services. The Industry would gain by getting employees who are already trained as per their expectations, aspirations and needs.
Specific objectives for proposed Industry Institute Partnership Cell
In order to achieve the stated Aim and Objectives, DU-IIPC will broadly be engaged in the following activities:
* To identify the scientific and technical requirements of the “industry”, in which R&D work can be taken up by DU -IIPC.
* To promote synergetic partnership between Industry and DU for taking up joint research programmes involving the students of Institute of Management Studies.
* To conduct relevant R&D activities within or outside the premises of DU with the involvement of students and/or the faculty of DU under the supervision/guidance of experts from outside DU.
* To motivate and involve students of DU in the relevant R&D activities of this Cell with an aim to transform these graduating management students into professional managers who are usefully employable by the Industry.
* To organise lectures, interactive workshops, conferences, seminars, brain storming sessions, technical discussions, consultancy Sessions, training, orientation courses, meetings, visits etc, and involving members of the Industry, outside experts, eminent personalities, faculty and students of DU.
* To arrange/generate resources- financial, material and human, both from within and outside DU for creating very high-quality infrastructure and research facilities within and outside the DU premise.
* To take up sponsored projects from Industry and other funding agencies;
* To take up industry-based projects funded by AICTE, DST, DRDO, CSIR and other funding agencies.
* To fund some projects and sub-projects to outside agencies including Academia, in order to conduct these relevant R&D activities smoothly and efficiently within or outside the premises of DU with the involvement of students and the faculty of DU under the supervision of outside experts.
* To provide/get technical consultancy services to/from the industry.
* To invite expert members of the Industry to DU to spend varying durations as Guest Faculty members/Research Supervisors/ Technical Consultants etc. with other B- Schools where such interactive research programmes are running successfully.
* To share the experience, through exchange of lectures, visits and meetings etc.
* To access periodically the scientific and technological scenario in India and abroad in order to translate it into action for taking up R&D work.
* To help students of DU in getting suitable placements in industries/companies/other employing organization in the Government and Private Sectors based on the R&D work carried out by these students, within or outside DU and facilitated by DU-IIPC.
Background/ Current status of activities in the area:
Dr. Ramesh Chandrahasa