The Department of Computer Science was established in 2010-11. Since then it has growing terms with support of guest faculty. The course contents are kept in pace with the new trends of critical thoughts in the contemporary academic field. The faculty members are kept themselves abreast of the shifting priorities in their respective fields specializations. The department recently has successfully completed its five years of its existence.
- We envision a department that encourages inquiry and self-reflection, promotes creativity and commitment, and fosters ethical responsibility, the pursuit of scholarship and lifelong learning.
- Encourage the students to develop inquisitiveness so that they will be able to understand the fundamentals of science and technology and apply for the societal development
- To seek innovation and excellence in teaching.
- To encourage and understand the diverse view points and logical thinking.
- To know the value of languages and new media as a means of opening our minds to new ways of communicative and understanding level.
- To prepare our students to face for the competitive world.
- To impart mathematical skills to the students and to inculcate rational and logical thinking in them to apply these to solve the problems.
Innovative academic Programmes of the Department.
Both formal and informal methods with opportunities for the students’ participation in the form of seminar, department is focusing on student friendly activities like seminars, special lectures, debates, quiz, paper/poster presentations and other related activities.
With the coordinated service of experienced and inspiring faculties thorough training has been given to make the student most competent. In the department the teachers and students are encouraged to update their knowledge base by conducting/organizing, conferences, workshops, seminars inviting eminent professors and scholars from various organizations and institutes of government, public and corporate sector.
Highlight of the Department.
The Department has students forum ‘OJUS’ under the banner various Academic and cultural activities are conducted. Both faculty and students are encouraged at actively participate and present papers in various conferences and seminars within and outside the Karnataka. Students are trained and encouraged to attend the pool campus selection and interviews. Many of our students got selected for the corporate agencies like Hewlett Packard (HP), TCS and Wipro and working in different capacities in these organizations.
|Admissions Year Wise||2010-11||2011-12||2012-13||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19|
|No. Of students admitted||18||45||44||35||39||40||31||30||20|
|SL. No||Name of Faculty||Designation|
|01||Dr. VADLAPUDI KUMAR, M.Sc, Ph.D||Co-Ordinator|
|02||Mr. Vinay S. MCA, KSET||Teaching assistant|
|03||Mrs. Anusha Jajur J. M.Sc||Teaching assistant|
|04||Mis.Usha .N. MCA||Teaching assistant|
|05||Mr. Naveen Kumar P.S. B.E, M.Tech||Teaching assistant|
|06||Mr. Chandrashekar . MCA||Teaching assistant|
|07||Ms. Ramya B.R M.Sc||Teaching assistant|
Student Strenth :
1st year : 20
2nd year : 28