The Post-graduate Department of Commerce was started in 1979 as one of the two departments, which were started along with the establishment of Post-Graduate center at Davangere. The Commerce Department was started in this area, which is considered to be an important commercial city in the state, and it would benefit the students of this area. The P.G. Centre was under the control of University of Mysore. When the Kuvempu University was formed in 1987, the P.G. Centre was brought under the purview of Kuvempu University, so also the Department of Commerce. Now under the fold of Davangere University, the Department of Commerce is the biggest department in terms of student strength and faculty in the University. The department faculties have published research papers, books and presented papers in various national and international conferences and workshops.
Business Education, Research and Extension based on Universal Human values, which reduce stress, promote Peace and Harmony for Quality of Life Results.
- To be one of the best departments in the country by focusing on growth & development.
- To adopt world class Teaching and Learning methods.
- To build a student friendly, interactive academic environment.
- To carryout research, consultancy, extension & training activities useful to society.
- To imbibe in teachers and students the Universal Human values such as truthfulness, non-violence, kindness, compassion, generosity which ensure happy, peaceful & healthy life.
|Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|1. Prof. G.T. Govindappa||M.Com., Ph.D.||Professor|
|Prof. Anitha H.S.||M. Com., Ph.D.||Professor & Dean|
|Dr. P. Laxmana||M. Com., Ph.D.||Associate Professor & Chairman|
|Dr. Cirappa I.B.||M. Com., MBA & Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|Number of Guest Faculty : 13|