The Department of Education was established in the year 2006-07 and is recognized by National Council for Teacher Education. The department is committed to deliver qualitative pre service teacher training programmes and research. The department offers M.Ed., M.Phil and Ph.DProgrammes to prepare reflective teachers and school administrators who possess the professional knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary for effective teaching in a globalized society. The department focuses on developing in every student, the foundations of education and skills required for teaching. Major thrust areas of the development include Inclusive Education, Curriculum Development and Research Methodology.
Creating Enlightened Teachers to Enlighten World
The Department of Education is in pursuit of excellence to impart value based quality teacher education through innovative teaching, professional practice, research and community activities so as to empower the future teachers to use their knowledge and skills for the development of society in the context of globalization.
- To provide excellent pre-service and in-service teacher education to develop professional teaching competencies among student-teachers.
- To undertake, assist, promote and co-ordinate research in all aspects of education so as to address major challenges confronting school education in the state and nation.
- To establish linkages between national, state, and district level bodies governing school education to take measures to bring about quality improvement.
- To develop and maintain exemplary programs that serve as models of teaching, research and service for education administrators, teachers and children.
- Aiming towards the ideal of enabling students to emerge as efficient teachers and take leadership positions in efforts to improve the quality of education around the globe.
|Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|Mr. Pradeep B.S.||M.S.W., M.Phil||Asst.Professor and Coordinator|
|Number of Guest Faculty : 3|